• Tall ships docked at Fort Trumbull during OpSail 2012.

  • The Coast Guard Barque Eagle docked at its home port in New London.

  • The Thames Base Ball Club of New London plays vintage ball at Fort Trumbull.

  • Crowds enjoy the surf and Summer sun at Ocean Beach Park.

  • Art lovers enjoy work at the annual Salon des Independants at Hygienic Galleries.

  • A fish-eye's view of the majestically renovated Garde Arts Theater.

  • A community parade passes City Hall on State Street.

  • A bustling Waterfront Park during SailFest.

  • A lone tug passes Harbor Light on a foggy day on the Thames River.

  • The Reducers rock the boardwalk at Ocean Beach.


New London City Hall
181 State Street
New London, CT 06320

PHONE (860) 447-5200
HOURS Monday-Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Questions & Answers

Where can I find New London Fire Department Contact Info?
Click here

Who do I call to report a fire hazard or a fire code violation?
Emergency dial 911.

All others to the Fire Marshals Office, 289 Bank Street at (860) 447-5294, Monday-Friday 730 am to 4pm. Nights, weekends and holidays Shift Supervisor (Battalion Chief), 289 Bank Street at (860) 447-5252, 24 hours.

Does the Fire Department pump water from cellars?
Only in emergencies and when the water is deep enough to use Fire Department pumps and the water is not contaminated.  Contact local plumbing contractors for water removal and sump pump repairs.

Does the Fire Department fill swimming pools?
No.  Veolia recommends using domestic water supplies.  They will read the meter before and after filling a pool and adjust the bill accordingly.

Does the Fire Department water playgrounds and athletic fields during the summer?
No.  Watering, when permitted should be done with domestic water.

Where do I go when a license or permit needs to be signed by the Fire Marshal?
Fire Marshals Office, 289 Bank Street.  Monday-Friday 730am to 4pm.

Who do I call for a public fire education presentation?
Administration Division, (860) 447-5292 at 289 Bank Street.  Monday-Friday 8am to 4pm.

Who do I call concerning a bill for emergency ambulance service?
Quick Med Claism at 1-800-258-3902

Who do I call for a copy of a fire or ambulance report?
Administration Division, (860) 447-5291 at 289 Bank Street.  Monday-Friday 8am to 4pm.