Welcome to the New London
Address: 181 State Street
New London, CT 06320
Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM -4:00 PM
Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 3:50 PM
Recordings to be completed by: 3:45 PM
Info Line: (860) 447-5204
Phone: (860) 447-5200
Fax: (860) 447-1644
PLEASE USE FORMS BELOW TO REQUEST WHAT YOU NEED
Listing files in 'City Clerk Documents'
In New London, the functions of the City Clerk and Registrar of Vital Statistics are combined in one department and include:
- Maintaining historic and current public records of the city as required by C.G.S., including land records, vital records, city council agendas, and minutes.
- Maintaining records of all births, marriages, deaths, and burials involving New London residents
- Issuing marriage license (both parties must be present to obtain marriage license)
- Issuing dog licenses (Dog license registrations are valid from June to June)
- Issuing a trade-name certificate for those starting a new business or changing their businesses name in the city.
SEARCH RECORDS HERE
ONLINE MARRIAGE APPLICATION
(CLICK LINK BELOW)
Asst. Registrar of Vitals
Isis Davila-Asst. Registrar of Vitals
I-95 South take 84S exit, at the 3rd traffic light take right onto State Street. City Hall is on right as you approach traffic light.
I-95 North take exit 83 Downtown. Go straight at stop light at end of ramp. At 4th light (including exit ramp), take left onto State Street. About halfway down the street at traffic light, City Hall is on left