Knowledge Base

I want to open a new business: Do I need a permit? Where do I start? What if I am just taking over an existing business?

Category: Zoning Issues
Any new business, including a change of ownership, requires that you apply for a zoning permit for your business. For most businesses this is the only zoning approval needed. A few businesses such as those selling alcohol will need approval from the Planning & Zoning Commission. Contact the Zoning Office at 860-437-6379 to determine what approvals are needed.
Updated 3/28/2014 4:32 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!